The volume Foreign Language Learning and Teaching in Theory, Practice and Research is a collection of articles written by scholars representing different academic centres in the world. It discusses various aspects from the field of foreign language education and provides theoretical and empirical evidence on selected notions of teaching and learning foreign languages, including language for specific purposes. The contributors to this volume and the aspects which they concentrate on in their texts are as follows:
- Kutay Uzun, Ömer Gökhan Ulum – vulnerable groups and their beliefs about foreign language learning;
- Astrid Ebenberger, Martina Rabl – inclusive teaching and the development of an inclusive school system;
- Marek Krawiec, Gabriel Sánchez-Sánchez, Francisco Javier Ibáñez-López – FL teachers and their privileged position in the implementation of a cross-curricular approach to education;
- Jeffrey Trambley – development of global news awareness, learner autonomy and language skills through computer-mediated communication technology;
- Robert Pritchard – integration of second language writing tasks with a history course;
- Kutay Uzun – application of evaluative ‘that’ in literary analysis essays written by pre-serivce EFL teachers;
- Ferit Kılıçkaya – the effect of using one’s mother tongue and a foreign language in a reading comprehension test in a language class;
- Karmelka Barić, Silvia Serena – competence-oriented framework curricula and the question of whether there is an impact – and if so, what kind of impact – on textbook production and cross-faculty teaching of German in tertiary education;
- Małgorzata Niemiec-Knaś – competency-based authentic tasks in LSP teaching;
- Maria Walasek – adults’ needs and motivation to learn a foreign language.
As shown above, the articles collected to this book feature the miscellaneous nature of foreign language education and provide a ground for analysis, reflection and interpretation of numerous aspects in this field. It is clear then that the aim of this publication is to spread information and evidence on fundamental notions related to foreign language learners and teachers and their practices. The material gathered and presented by the contributors to this book must thus be seen as a spur for not only theoretical considerations but also further investigations carried out in the area of language learning and teaching.
Ihr Werk im Verlag Dr. Kovač
Möchten Sie Ihre wissenschaftliche Arbeit publizieren? Erfahren Sie mehr über unsere günstigen Konditionen und unseren Service für Autorinnen und Autoren.